Fully remote boutique creative agency is looking for a Business Development Director to add to their growing team on execution of client projects; this position will lead new business, sales and marketing efforts for this branding and web design agency. The agency culture is laid-back and fun, but the team is very seriously dedicated to creating leading-edge, highly creative work for clients. They’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients they love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge the team. They work mainly with clients in the Beauty/Wellness/Skincare DTC arena, large and small, but never boring. A core tenant, the agency has a commitment to partnering with brands focused on social impact and sustainability. Proudly one of the .1% of creative agencies owned by women.
As the Business Development Director, you’ll provide leadership across acquiring new branding and website projects. We need someone who’s able to identify a client’s business needs and work independently to understand, define and build effective and innovative solutions that generate new business. You must be prepared to be as much of a leader as you are an effective communicator and mentor. You must be extremely outgoing, comfortable with making cold calls and networking. Excellent writing skills and the ability to work independently and manage time effectively is a must.
CHECK THESE BOXES
- 3-5 years business development experience within a client services organization, preferably on projects including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting. Must have experience in Beauty/Wellness/Skincare/Women’s verticals.
- Run end-to-end pitch process, including establishing initial opportunities, interfacing with prospective clients, and developing proposals, in which pricing projects and assessing client needs are an essential skill.
- Manage account profitability by negotiating statements of work, ensuring work is delivered on budget.
- Expand contacts with key client project contacts and maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly.
- Create and execute on outbound marketing and sales strategy.
- Network and cold call on behalf of agency to secure new business meetings and qualified contacts for partners.
- Research/find relevant RFP’s and initiate relationships with agency search firms.
- Identity networking events for partner participation (trade shows, conferences, events).
- Represent agency at events.
- Submit agency work for industry awards.
- Publish content to agency blog and social channels.
- Find opportunities for partners to present/speak, lead workshops, panel participation, etc.
- Must be comfortable talking with CEO’s, CMO’s, technical leads and marketers about digital marketing needs and branding.
- Must have familiarity with the web design and development process, technical terminology and industry trends and standards.
- Must be aware of trends in marketing and advertising
Sounds great?! Shoot your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not for you?! Please share with your network and get someone working!