The Agency: A global full-service creative business and a different kind of advertising agency – one that merges the highest standards of creativity and strategic thinking to help build brands that truly stand out. This is one of the most revered agencies in the world – named Agency of the Year multiple times and countless strategy awards. They strive for simple, enduring ideas that are rooted in real human truths, and executed with brilliant craft. Their culture celebrates difference, education, inclusivity, innovation, restlessness, and the relentless pursuit of excellence. They also really like nice people.
The role of Strategy: To open up new spaces for brand transformation and growth, through visionary, innovative thinking and a precise, data-based understanding of business. It is about Intelligence and Magic. Fine-tuning the marketing machine, but also crucially, unlocking the idea that will animate the machine. It’s about getting to great work that works. Strategy should ensure that creativity is originated, deployed, and tracked so as to maximize the value of ideas and deliver success for a client’s business. There is not one way of doing strategy – one school of thought or dogma. Instead, everyone uses their judgement to draw from different theories, and develop thinking that is right for the specific problem you’re solving. As you can see, you’ll be at the intersection of excellence, teamwork, adaptability and openness.
What we need from You:
Thoroughly understands the brand, product and market
– Understanding of the brand: what it stands for, whom it speaks to, what it sells, who and what it competes against, how it differentiates, what its core purpose and commercial vision is, strengths and weaknesses
– The strategist on the account should be “the knowledge,” holds the best factual knowledge and knows how to access more
Ensures performance is central to creative process and client relationship
– In depth understanding of how client’s business operates, how it grows, what are drivers and barriers, what their portfolio of opportunities look like, what might be threats to and opportunities for growth in the future
– Ability to understand and use data to ensure creativity is rooted in and connected to commercial performance
– Ensures performance remains at the heart of the idea throughout production and implementation
Knows how to access insight and research, and make sense of it
– Understanding of the cultural context within which the brand operates, good understanding of the consumer world and culture
– Understand how quantitative and qualitative research works
– Ability to conduct desk research, together with Research and Data teams, and put together an informed point of view on a brand, consumer group, category, market, or area of culture
– Basic understanding of data-led insight tools
– Ability to unlock creative and commercial insights through data
Has an informed point of view on how the brand should engage
– Understanding of the consumer behaviors driving existing channel landscape and key trends linked to media and content consumption, leading to an informed point of view on channel planning (topline)
– Ability to build on ideas and help them connect better with desired behavior change, consumers and culture
Collaborates with creative and account teams to deliver work that successfully answers performance-based briefs
– Writes clear and inspiring briefs, to deliver a consistent strategic narrative from commercial objectives to executions
– Actively fuels the creative process with stimulus, pushing for the most innovative solutions whenever possible
– Builds good relationships with creative teams, able to provide upstream inspiration, collaborate and build on ideas further down
– Good judge of creative work, able to judge (with an open mind) whether work is on brief and give clear and constructive feedback
Organizes information into simple strategic narrative, delivers it in an engaging and compelling way
– Able to put together a strategic and creative story that is simple yet compelling, written and spoken, to any audience, adapting to the needs of different audiences
– Good analytic skills yet ability for sacrifice and simplification, distilling a lot of information into short and clear outputs
Please have approximately 3+ years (Strategist) or 8+ years (Strategy Director) in Strategy/Planning at a creative agency. Entertainment, CPG, Tech or Gaming experience is a plus.
Sounds perfect? Shoot a resume/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not for you? Share with your network and get someone working!