Award-winning business communications agency is seeking a Strategy Director for their mid-sized B2B branding shop. This role will manage US and global projects for clients in finance, consulting, technology and healthcare, etc. This person will help guide other junior Strategists in crafting engaging client deliverables. Qualified candidates will be part of an established team with a track record of strong client relationships and streamlined, proven methods and processes in brand strategy disciplines.
You’ll spearhead projects that transform leading B2B companies, serving as the clients’ trusted resource, balancing blue-sky ideas with on-the-ground realities. Supported by junior strategists, and working closely with agency and other departmental leaders, you are redefining not only your clients’ futures, but also the branding industry, creating new methodologies and writing provocative thought leadership. We’re looking for whip-smart thinkers who can inspire clients, prospects, and colleagues; for polished communicators who can create compelling and effective deliverables; and for detail-oriented executors who can manage teams and ensure success.
The nitty gritty:
- Develop role as a strategic partner to multiple B2B clients, advising on diverse brand issues such as positioning, brand architecture, marketing strategy, research and analytics, and employee engagement
- Lead the creation and presentation of strategic solutions to complex brand and communications challenges
- Oversee the planning and execution of research initiatives, including desk research, client interviews, on-site workshops, and online surveys
- Collaborate with the creative team to influence creative expression
- Work with in-house teams and external partners to execute strategic recommendations across channels
- Partner with project management teams to ensure projects are resourced appropriately and delivered on time and on budget
- Mentor junior strategy team leaders, and set an example by staying up-to-date with industry trends and news
- Identify further business opportunities within existing client relationships
- Lead the new business pitch process, conducting preliminary research and contributing a strategic viewpoint in proposals and presentations
The ideal candidate will have:
- A balance of strategic thinking and confident communication; the ability to both create and present compelling ideas
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Poise and presence
- Ability to develop, nurture, and expand client relationships
- Enthusiasm for managing and mentoring junior team members
- Self-direction; ability to manage long, complex projects
- Passion for and knowledge of the B2B branding space preferred
- MBA or comparable industry experience; 7+ years in brand strategy (open to a Senior Strategist as well)
Sounds great? Shoot a resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not for you? Please share with your network and get someone working!