Get ready to join a shop that delivers effectively on both brains and beauty, a hybrid agency that’s at once design-driven image makers and consumer-minded brand stewards.
The Group Account Director is responsible for management, business strategy, service and profitability of key agency accounts while partnering with Head of Client Services in mentoring the client service team. The GAD should be a strategic leader who demonstrates skills in relationship building and management, business development, negotiation and communication. You’ll partner with Head of Client Services in reaching revenue & profitability goals, improving departmental processes and efficiency while training and developing junior staff. You should demonstrate, by example, how a successful team works collaboratively by building and maintaining an inclusive, positive team attitude.
The GAD provides strategic, operational & business leadership on clients, brands and new business efforts as follows:
Client: An awareness and understanding of Client politics, culture, personalities & competitive landscape, trends and opportunities with all efforts underscoring an agency relationship as Client Partner.
Strategy: Strategic direction of account from all perspectives: advertising, marketing, new media, digital, technology, and overall business performance.
Brand: Partner with Creative, Strategy, Copy & Production to define direction and targets for brands while working to maintain consistency and respond to challenges.
Profitability: Manage ultimate profitability of account from proposal writing, estimating of projects, payment of invoices, timesheet accuracy and profit reports.
- Build long-term relationships with clients based upon reliability, trust, honesty and insight; establish agency team’s credibility and win confidence of clients
- Grow targeted accounts in a manner profitable to the agency
- Develop seasonal strategic ideas as well as annual marketing plans for Clients
- Drive agency briefing process, development of Client briefs, internal team briefings and alignment of Client/Agency objectives
- Establish and maintain a consistent tone of voice for all client communications from the team, no matter the author/sender
- Present with confidence and always supported by a well-rehearsed, well-prepared team in meetings; you can “hold a room”
- Finalize and secure approval for all client proposals, understanding fiscal commitments, timelines, resources and responsibilities
- Lead estimation and proposal process with teams, using each proposal as a learning/training purpose for Client Service team members
- Convert opportunities within the account to grow the business and remain alert to potential agency competitors and threats
- Manage Account Supervisors & Account Executives, providing regular feedback on performance, whether requested or not
- Report accurate finances to Head of Client Services and senior management routinely and be prepared to project 3-12 months of future work volume for your clients
- Sustain and encourage client’s appetite to continue working with agency by becoming an indispensable partner to client
Sounds great, right?! Please shoot a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not for you? Share with your network!