Join a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences by creating digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users’ lives and clients’ businesses. Through next-generation technologies and world-class design, these folks help brands like Apple, PayPal, L’Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. The shop came of age with the invention of the app store; they have mobile in their DNA. The firm creates solutions across the digital ecosystem but approaches these problems from their mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, this team is deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
So how do I crush it as the Director of New Business?
This role is key to shaping the future of the company. They’re on an exciting growth trajectory and this position’s strategic acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, relationship building skills and infectious enthusiasm will be critical to that acceleration. This role will be focused on actively seeking out the right opportunities to grow the team’s portfolio and capabilities, developing the strategy and leading the approach, managing the business development team as well as leveraging senior management engagement in the new business process. This position reports to the SVP of Strategy and Business Development. Let’s organize this into bullet points:
- Relentlessly seek out new opportunities through networking, strategic outreach, and partnership management
- Partner closely with marketing to ensure all elements of the funnel are driving interest and conversion for high-value clients
- Lead the team in outreach programs, designing strategic approaches to top client prospects as well as creative solutions to position the shop as a leader in the industry and a partner of choice
- Manage the company’s proposal development, marshalling the appropriate strategy, design and development resources for large-scale pitches
- Develop and refine business development process and communication tactics to support the overall team’s success
Still interested? Now your turn; you have…
- 8-10 years experience leading successful business development effort for a digital agency, technology or media company
- Development of strategic and creative approaches to both inbound and outbound efforts; opportunistic and pro-active
- Adept at pitching high-value service offerings with a consultative approach
- Oversight of complex RFPs requiring diverse inputs from cross-functional teams
- Management of business development team experience preferred
Sounds great?! Shoot a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not for you? Please share with your network, and get someone working!