Ready to join an independent, full-service advertising and media agency with a mission to change the way the world feels about advertising?
Recently, the agency embarked on building an internal strategy function, realizing that in order to achieve being one of the top independent agencies in the country, they had to have a Head of Strategy as part of the core team; now there is significant client demand. The agency believes in the power of a tight, smart creative insight to spark great ideas; their best work has always come from the best briefs. Help them write more of those. Help them keep clients on track and single minded. Help to better understand audiences and their mindsets. Help develop unique ways to tease out those insights. Help lead clients who want to believe in the gospel of creativity but need the tools to prove to their bosses that they’re not crazy.
The agency has been building out capabilities to give them additional control over every aspect of the creative work. Strategy is an integral piece to the puzzle, and they need to scale this offering. We are looking to hire a mid-level Strategist to both support the Head of Strategy and work independently on both existing clients and new business.
What you’ll DO:
- Support all aspects of strategy—including brand, creative and communication strategy
- Partner with account team, creative team and media team to make the work better and make the process more user-friendly; ultimately helping to develop new and different ways of working together along the way
- Craft creative briefs that result in work that works—including tactical projects that just need some focus and more meaty challenges that need a POV, creative guardrails and inspiration
- Help setup, defend and sell creative ideas in simple yet impactful ways
- Generate strategic POVs with a unique voice—whether it’s an audit of the competition, an audit of secondary research, or just a collection of observations that make someone else sit back and think “whoa, I never thought about things like that”
- Execute primary research and deliver the results in a way that brings creative teams and clients into the insights uncovered
- Embrace a company culture that breeds ingenuity, optimism, trust, collaboration and growth
- Contribute to thought-leadership pieces within and outside the agency
- 2-5 years of experience working as a Strategist within a creative agency ideally, or brand owner, consultancy where creative ideas were an integral part of output
- Comfortable in a collaborative setting—both in the form of workshops with clients, and internal reviews with other teams/disciplines at the agency
- Diverse background of strategic skills/projects showing that there’s familiarity with different strategic tools and a unique POV that helped them make it their own
- High interest in building creative ideas that stand out in culture and will connect with humans who live in the real world
- Intellectually minded and relentlessly curious to learn more in life; your POV on advertising should be informed by your POV on other parts of your life
- Bonus points for anyone who has an eye for design and has gotten compliments on the design of the documents they create
Sounds great?! Shoot your resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not for you? Share with your network and get someone working!