Making connections. Running campaigns. Social media meets technology.
This small but mighty company is changing the game in connecting beloved brands with far-reaching social media influencers. The Business Development Director identifies, develops and maintains strategic and revenue-generating relationships with prospective leads, and current clients. This role is a key member of the Sales and Development team that works collaboratively with senior leadership to ensure sales targets are met. In addition to generating your own leads, you will be supported by dedicated outbound and inbound business development representatives, with leads generated from advertising efforts, speaking engagements, and word-of-mouth. You will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish, with the support of Sales and Strategy management, before passing your new account over to the Client Service team to nurture and grow.
You understand brand essence and identity, both personal brand (for an influencer) and traditional brand (for a client). You will work closely to maintain the company’s positioning as a premium, market leading, tech driven solution to influencer marketing. This role comes with a high level of autonomy and leadership opportunity; a true opportunity to carve out your own path within the company. You seek progress over perfection; each conversation is a learning to improve for the next. You can be honest of your failings and work with your colleagues and manager to figure out how to avoid future failures, altruistically cheering others on for big and small wins. Be able to quickly adapt to an ever-changing client or internal need with a positive attitude and professionally communicate qualms.
What you will DO:
– Drive growth through sales, as well as meet or exceed revenue targets, closing a minimum in deals annually.
– Development of deals for both the SaaS subscription product, and fully managed campaigns.
– Execute direct sales for large, enterprise accounts.
– Develop sales strategies and forecasts to achieve company objectives.
– Respond to prospects briefs including RFIs and RFPs.
– Conduct a consistently high volume of booked product demonstrations or discovery meetings with fully qualified prospects.
– Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
– Generate and qualify leads, as well as conduct thorough client needs assessments.
– Prospect and evangelize new strategic or revenue opportunities for the company.
– Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company standards, with full stakeholder participation.
– Utilize CRM system (Salesforce) to report sales activity with timely and accurate status updates.
– Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of company’s platform features, industry, pricing plans, and service portfolio.
– Strategically position and differentiate company/product from competitors.
– Continually develop your influencer marketing industry knowledge and demonstrate commercial understanding.
What we need from YOU:
– 3-5 years of proven success in a target-driven new business sales role, meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment.
– Experience selling digital technology and service solutions.
– Demonstrated experience partnering with internal marketing, sales, product engineering, and client/professional service teams to close new business.
– Strong phone sales, negotiation, internal/external communication, presentation skills, and enjoyable to be around.
Ready to make a change? Shoot your resume to email@example.com. Not for you? Share with your network, and get someone working!